Job Description: Software Quality Analyst
The software quality analyst serves as an inspector for the quality of our prospective software releases. The Software Quality Analyst position primarily conducts manual tests to ensure software meets stated requirements and our customers’ needs. The position includes risk analysis, analysis of the software, systems, vendor interfaces, and assessment to meet requirements and expected outcomes to avoid risk and prevent software issues from reaching production systems. This role is vital to the creation of new features and documented remediation of errors in a potential release. Software Quality Analysts must be able to dispassionately ask and seek answers to questions about the intended behavior of the system-under-test, be solution-oriented, and demonstrate the successful operation of the system.
- Designing and reviewing test cases for new features as well as bugs
- Testing new features and bugs for the LOS
- Identify, document, and communicate errors.
- Demonstrate initiative in investigation of potential bugs, anticipating potential problems.
- Regression testing new features and bugs
- Exploratory testing on new features
- Providing thorough documentation of work in progress and evidence of testing success or failure, for actionable bug reports
- Updating work item tracking system for work in progress
- Active participation in daily QA team standup
- Communication with the Director of Software Quality on status of work, impediments, test case review
- Working under testing deadlines for thorough completion of software testing activities across multiple test environments
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in a technology area + at least one year experience in Software Testing; or, a bachelor’s degree
- A questioning, analytical mind
- Ability to communicate clearly in English, both written and verbally
- Ability to decompose requirements into steps and expected outcomes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a similar field
- 2+ Years experience in Software Testing/Quality Assurance, including test case design/execution
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server or similar ALM tools
- Experience testing web-based systems in a SaaS model
- Experience with reading XML
- Experience with software test automation tools, such as Postman, TestComplete, Codecept, Watir, or Selenium
- Experience with financial systems, prefer experience with the residential mortgage industry
Please email us your resume and salary history.
OpenClose is an equal opportunity employer.